Tuesday 30 July 2013

The Heat


Release date:  31/7/2013

Cast:      Sandra Bullock

                 Melissa McCarthy

Synopsis:  Uptight FBI Special Agent Sarah Ashburn (Sandra Bullock) and foul-mouthed Boston cop Shannon Mullins (Melissa McCarthy) couldn't be more incompatible. But when they join forces to bring down a ruthless drug lord, they become the last thing anyone expected: buddies.

You know what to expect when you see a comedy with Sandra Bullock, nothing taxing, slap stick humour and her great timing, how wrong I was. There was nothing of her usual flare, it’s not as though I expected anything other than a routine plot with a few laughs. Okay, I did laugh at one point but I think that had more to do with my friend freaking out over an impromptu throat operation than anything else.

Melissa McCarthy surprised me, there were a few moments where she really showed that she can act, I’ve seen bits of it in other films but at the moment have only seen her comedies, and it would be nice to see her in something else.

The film was predictable, unfunny and way too long. When you start looking at your watch hoping it’s nearly over, it’s not a good sign.






No comments:

Post a Comment