Monday 2 June 2014

Times are a changing

It has been a strange and fun filled ride finishing the trilogy for the Sword of Idis series. I started to write when my children went into full time education and it was simply something that I enjoyed doing, so wrote for fun. Who would have guessed where my interest would take me?


I don't pretend to be the next big thing, I know my books aren't that good, but they are not that bad either. The community I now have is amazing. Of course people want you to buy their books and there is a competitive edge, but the independent authors really do try and help each other as much as they can.


During the experience there has been a huge learning curve and I now realise that I went into this blind. I had no idea what to expect and how much it would impact on my time. The writing is minimal compared to the amount of marketing and promotion you have to do, and I know that I have not spent the time needed to sell my books. The best way would be to be prepared, work out a marketing strategy, work out who your audience are and make sure you are targeting them. Easier said than done of course, or maybe not, A marketing strategy ... what's that!!

Recently changing my book covers, I hope that I have given my books a lift. Personally I think they look great.


Book three will be out soon and I can only hope that it will produce reviews of the same caliber from the first two, though maybe one or two more would be nice. 

I will still be writing, whether people want to buy it or not, I am enjoying myself way too much to stop right now. It also keeps me sane, you could say its my hobby and it makes me happy. Is there a point to this I here you cry ... actually I don't think there is. Just thought you should know what is rattling around in my head, which obviously isn't much if you are reading this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment