Friday 16 January 2015

Hunting Lila - Sarah Alderson

17-year-old Lila has two secrets she's prepared to take to the grave. The first is that she can move things just by looking at them. The second is that she's been in love with her brother's best friend, Alex, since forever.

After being involved in a mugging Lila races to where she feels safest, and flies from London to California and into the loving arms of her brother, Jack. Or at least that is how she sees it. What she finds is a relative who wants her out of his life as soon as possible. From the moment she arrives, Jack and Alex refuse to leave her alone. There is something wrong but unable to simply turn around and go home, she tries to find out exactly what the two of them do in their military unit and why there is a need for members of the unit to keep a close eye on her.

She is soon dragged into a supernatural battle between the unit and a group of individuals who are capable of using their minds just like her. Where is the line between good and evil and which side, if any, will Lila chose?

This book was on my TBR for quite a long time and I am just sorry it took me so long to get to. It caught me within the first line. We are thrown straight into action, at the very point that Lila is attacked and what she does to stop it. The writing flows well and I found I needed to know how things would develop for Lila, Jack and Alex. The characters are well defined, each bringing something to the story. There is action as well as romance which means there is something for everyone. With no really surprises here and nothing new when we think about the military, it still kept my interest and I read it in one sitting.

I have just ordered the second and will be reading that as soon as I get a chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment